- Markers--> Red, blue and black marker
- empty jar
- craft sticks (I prefer the jumbo sized)
- List of Fry Words
How to make:
- Color 30 popsicle tips red--> 26 will have each letter from the alphabet and 4 will say 'Grrr.'
- Color about 20 popsicle tips blue --> Choose around 16 Fry Words to write on the sticks and the other 4 will say 'Grrr.' [I would start with this amount and work up to a higher amount towards the middle/end of year]
- Place both colored sticks in the empty jar and decorate it as desired.
Finished project. Fierce, right??? Now, the important stuff...
How to play:
- TTW pull a stick from jar (depending on the child's learning level will help you decide the color to pull) For ex. If the child needs more practice with letters/sounds pull a red stick.
- THIS IS IMPORTANT: If the child reads the letter/word they KEEP it...if they read it incorrectly they KEEP it. ---> So, either way the child keeps it!!
- If you pull a 'Grrr' stick then that child has to give back all of their sticks and start over.
Hope you love this games as much as me! I thought it was pure genius! Let me know if you have any questions :)